校对总结 2009-02-25 01:56:17 阅读41 评论0 字号:大中小
1、 行 那我先洗个澡 Sure. I should hop in the shower first.
Hop:相当于Jump。
2、 开灯 白痴 Turn the lights on, bimbo!
Bimbo:【俚语】妓女、荡妇、无知的人。
3、 没告诉你 Door number two.
第一次见这个表达,感觉有点像:the latter(后者)。
4、 受到你的影响 if it's rubbing off on me or something,
rub off on:跟某人或在一起而受其感觉、特征或习惯影响。
5、 吉姆那么爱你 Jim is nuts over you.
Nut:【俚语】傻瓜、怪人、疯子、迷恋….
6、 我知道过去有些不愉快 但是 I know we left things a little bumpy, but...
Bumpy:崎岖不平的、颠簸的。
7、 就是分道扬镳了 We just drifted apart.
Drifted apart:分道扬镳、逐渐疏远。
8、 每年此时 我都会感觉有点沮丧
You know, about this time I always start to go into a kind of funk.
Funk:焦虑、忧虑、忧郁、沮丧。
9、 可能为此有点闹心 so, you know, maybe it's just been weighing on me
weigh on sb:对某人产生影响
10、 靠近他就像走进了无尽的邪恶
It was like the evils of the universe were just seeping out of him.
seeping out of:从…渗出
11、 你要怎么摆脱这种恶鬼 what do you do to get rid of a malevolent spirit?
get rid of:摆脱、除去、处理掉。
12、 不知道 我祖母没教过我
I don't know. My grandmother never walked me through this one.
walk sb through:引导某人度过某事
13、 难怪他会缠着你 No wonder he attached himself to you.
No wonder:难怪、怪不得
14、 他要我为他的死负责 要复仇吗
Does he blame me for his death? Does he want revenge?
blame sb for:因某事责怪某人
15、 吉姆发生了一点小插曲 Jim had some kind of an episode.
episode:片段、插曲
16、 她真的很想跟你和好 She is really trying to reach out to you.
reach out:招揽某人
17、 在我知道之前 And before I knew it,
我早就成了一个笑柄 I had become some kind of laughingstock.
Laughingstock:笑柄。
18、 他们侵蚀我们的精力和感情 They feed off our energy, off our emotions.
feed off:以…为食物来源、从…中摄取
19、 然后就能四处游荡 And then they're free to wander off for a while.
wander off:离开。
20、 还没 我还在摸着去地下室 Not yet. I'm just feeling my way down to the basement.
feel one’s way:摸索前进
21、 但我们最近认识了 But we've recently become acquainted with...
become acquainted with:开始认识、开始了解
22、 我对他们不抱希望 Beyond hope with them.
Beyond hope:没希望的、绝望的。
翻译最开始的译法为:“他们绝望了”。
但我觉得后面加个with sb并不是指某人绝望了。而是对某人不抱希望。
23、 我们去科尼岛上找那位占卜师时
When we went to see that fortuneteller on Coney Island.
fortuneteller:算命先生、占卜师。
Coney Island:科尼岛。美国纽约市布鲁克林区的一个旅游地,位于大西洋沿岸,以其宽阔的人行道和充满乐趣的公园而著称,原为海岛,河道淤塞后成为长岛的一部分,现在是著名娱乐区,濒临大西洋。
24、 向警察告发我 for turning me in to the police.
承认我检举了我丈夫吗 to admit that I blew the whistle on my husband?
turn sb in:告发某人。blew the whistle on意思一样。
25、 真高兴安德里亚能说服你和我共进午餐
I am so glad Andrea talked you into having this lunch with me.
Talk sb into doing sth:说服某人做某事。
26、 我想说的是 别想太多 My thing is, don't dwell, you know?
dwell:踌躇、徘徊不进、细想某事
27、 很讨人厌 口臭 Kind of a pain in the butt, bad breath.
pain in the butt:等于pain in the neck,讨厌的人或事。
28、 我翻遍了整栋房子 I combed the entire house.
comb:梳理、彻底搜查。
评论